Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Footballs and.... footballs!

What else to make for the most American 'holiday', but footballs? I wanted to buy the whole pack of football-related paraphenalia at Hobby Lobby but never made it there in time for the big game. I have tons of round cutters, and with the help of a pair of pliers, I made my own football shaped cookie cutter.

I learned that brown is hard to make, it didn't turn out as dark as I expected but it worked well for this project. I used up my last Royal icing, making the brown part, and didn't want to make an whole new batch, so I used melted candy coating for the white stitches and stripes.



And of course I had to make cakeball-footballs! This year I didn't do the Oreo truffles. I did a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Yum!


1 comment:

  1. Brown is a tough one...we are struggling with it a bit too. But yours looks nice and the footballs are great!

    ReplyDelete